Are you planning to kick start your own eCommerce store? Or, maybe thinking of shifting your existing store to a more robust platform? Magento will interest you!
In this post, we will talk about what Magento is and how you can use this powerful eCommerce platform to grow your eCommerce business.
Let’s get straight into this!
What is Magento?
Magento is an open-source eCommerce platform with builtin PHP, helping developers build eCommerce stores without bounds.
The platform was first released in 2008. Since then, a lot of popular companies, including Nike and Samsung, have been using it to build their eCommerce stores.
Eventually, in 2018, Magento became a part of Adobe and it’s officially called Adobe Commerce today. According to data, a huge chunk of merchants migrated their online stores in 2020 to Magento.
Why Should You Use Magento?
Magento is a perfect eCommerce platform for eCommerce business owners that want to be in this industry long-term. It’s not only free but very professional too.
Here is what makes Magento better than its competitors:
- Open Source and Highly Customizable
- Magento lets developers create custom solutions based on their needs.
- Magento allows users to host their eCommerce store wherever they want. So, you don’t have to stick to a single hosting solution.
- One of the most impressive features of Magento is that it’s responsive and provides a seamless mobile shopping experience.
- Fast Speeds. Page speed is an important aspect of your eCommerce store as it can affect your conversions.
- SEO friendly
Magento has a SEO friendly content management system. Its SEO features include:
- Search Friendly URLs
- Product titles
- Meta descriptions
- Meta tags
- And more
It helps Google to crawl and rank your product pages quickly.
Whether you are planning to start a new eCommerce store or thinking of shifting to a more versatile and robust one, Magento is for you.
Magento is a free eCommerce content management system that allows developers to create and scale eCommerce stores.
Plus, its developer and SEO friendly features make it one of the fastest-growing eCommerce software.